Monday, March 19, 2012

Bathing Venus


I absolutely adore nakedness. Don't you?


Usually I prefer calling classical figures by their Greek names rather than their Roman ones (maybe because the Romans were thieving, culturally oppressive little punks), but then, this isn't actually supposed to be Aphrodite. Plus, there's such a rich tradition of the female nude coming to be known as a Venus throughout art history...so the title stays!


Aaaaaaaaaanyway. A rough figural sketch from my head: done on my Wacom from a few days back! A healthy chunk of the stuff that turns up on this blog will be digital, simply because I'm an artist who's more comfortable working with traditional media, but would rather not get too comfortable in any. (And am trying to work past that wicked learning curve that first-time tablet users have to suffer through!) I've been using mine on and off for almost a year at this point, and can now tablet okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment