Thursday, July 17, 2014

Run, Don't Walk


Woah, hey! I made a thing! A thing for a Clamp fanzine that some friends of mine are putting together. In the wild days of my misspent youth, I ended up reading a ton of this kind of manga, but I can't say I have a single regret. If you have no idea what Clamp is, then damn...you should get yourself a shojou education

The group is super-prolific, and out of all the works they've made, I decided to make a tribute to one of their more unabashedly absurd titles, Duklyon: Clamp School Defenders, which is a zany parody of the metal hero genre. My favorite part is near the end, when an antagonist turns the heros' dog Inuko-San into a dangerous kaiju monster simply by making her really huge. The resolution is splendidly silly.

But yeah! Everybody worked real hard on the zine, and it came together nicely. Check it out, if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment