Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tango Till They're Sore...


Man...guess I'm a pretty rotten blogger, huh? As a reward for coming back after these weeks of neglect, I'll toss up something a little different. 
Here's an oldie for you guys, another illustration project, this one from a few months back. We had to design a concert poster, for any artist we wanted. And even though I listen to more music than I know what to do with these days, I knew exactly which singer I'd wanted to pay tribute to. I'd decided to stick with interpreting the lyrical content of Rain Dogs just to keep things cohesive, since he's so prolific. But honestly, I've never heard a Tom Waits album I didn't love up, down and sideways...that man is a goddamned legend.


Ink on Bristol, hastily colored in Photoshop. Needs touchup, I know, but it was a ton of fun nonetheless. So I figured I'd share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment